Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Saturday 3 September 2016

UK RECALL #28 - Subaru recalls 2012 Impreza for the passenger airbag that may not deploy in an accident.

Vehicle Details

Reference :R/2016/148
Manufacturer Ref :
Make:SUBARU
Model :Impreza
Launch Date :01/08/2016
Numbers Involved :408
Build Start Date :01/01/2012
Build End Date :31/12/2012 

Recall Details

Concern :AIRBAG MAY NOT DEPLOY
Description :Certain circumstances can trigger the Occupant Detection System (ODS) to incorrectly detect a high rise in capacitance which deactivates the ODS and turns the passenger airbag off. This is signalled to the driver via the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL). If a heavy frontal collision occurs after the MIL illuminates the airbag will not deploy.
Remedial Action :Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and replace the Occupant Detection Unit.
Vehicle Id :JF1GPDKZ3CG002021 to JF1GPDKZ3CG006781

Other Vehicles Affected (Click the vehicle to perform an extended search)

  • SUBARU - IMPREZA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.