Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Sunday 12 June 2016

USA - A new comparison showcases BMW's BHP growth from 1976 with three models to today's huge model range.

Infographic Shows BMW's Expansion in the US Since 1976
A new chart from EuroSportTuning.com compares the BMW line-up in 1976 with the line-up in 2016, showing BMW's explosive US growth over the last 40 years. In 1976, BMW offered three models: the 2002, 3.0i, and 530i. Today, BMW offers 21 distinct models.
"BMW's North America popularity has exploded over the last 40 years, and that's putting it mildly," says Frank Derks, manager at EuroSportTuning.com. 

"BMW's most popular car in 1976 was probably the 100hp 2002 model. Today, BMW offers seven times as many models, most with at least three times the power," says Derks.
The chart also compares the max horsepower of the models from 1976 to 2016, and the difference is substantial. The 1976 2002 was rated at 100hp. Today's most comparable model is the BMW 2-series, and that vehicle is available with as much as 320hp.
"Many people argue that the 60s and 70s were the golden age of BMW, and they point to the 2002 as proof. While I love the 2002 - and understand the sentiment - I wonder if we aren't living in BMW's golden age right now," says Derks. "Speaking as a performance enthusiast, most BMW models today are pushing 300 plus horsepower. We've got great BMW coupes and sedans that can carve up the track, as well as crossovers and SUVs that offer respectable performance considering their size. I think 2016 should also be considered a golden age for BMW enthusiasts," offers Derks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.