Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Friday 9 January 2015

UK RECALL #31 - CHEVROLET - Vehicle may lose drive when parked in 'P' Roll Away.

Vehicle Details
Reference :R/2014/180
Manufacturer Ref :OSB14-03-0053/A140447  
Make:CHEVROLET UK
Model :Chevrolet Cruze 2.0 Diesel (LLW & LNP), Chevrolet Orlando 2.0 Diesel (LNP)
Launch Date :15/12/2014
Numbers Involved :925
Build Start Date :28/11/2008
Build End Date :27/02/2011 
Recall Details
Concern :VEHICLE MAY LOSE DRIVE WHEN PARKED IN 'P' ROLL AWAY
Description :On affected vehicles the right hand drive shaft outer CV Joint may fail during harsh cornering / U Turns. This will lead to loss of drive and if only parked in 'P' (autobox) or in gear (manual box), without the parking brake applied, the vehicle could roll away.
Remedial Action :Recall the vehicles that are likely to be affected and replace the right hand drive shaft.
Vehicle Id :AK500153 to AK585519
AK500153 to AK585519
Other Vehicles Affected (Click the vehicle to perform an extended search)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.