Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Monday 10 November 2014

Volvo Trucks - Teaser: Volvo Trucks vs Koenigsegg


    
A Volvo FH in a race against one of the world's fastest sports cars. This is the scenario in Volvo Trucks’ upcoming film ‘Volvo Trucks vs Koenigsegg’. The aim is to put the new I-Shift Dual Clutch gearbox, based on sports car technology, to the ultimate test.

“Matching a Volvo FH against Koenigsegg One:1 is the perfect challenge to see if our newly launched I-shift Dual Clutch gearbox lives up to expectations in terms of driveability and driving comfort that comes with seamless gear shifting,” says Per Nilsson, PR Director at Volvo Trucks.
http://violin.volvogroup.net/sites/news/vg/gt/gtsmemea/vtc/PublishingImages/One%20Single%20Use/556_268_volvotrucks_teaser.jpg

Behind the wheel of the Volvo FH we find former racing driver Tiff Needell, who is today a presenter on the British motoring TV series Fifth Gear. The race takes place at Ring Knutstorp in southern Sweden, a track known for its hills and sharp curves.
The purpose of this film is to put the new I-Shift Dual Clutch transmission to the ultimate test to create interest and demand by seeing if it is as good as Volvo Trucks has stated, when it comes to among others drivability. But, of course, in a humorous and entertaining way.
The new transmission is based on the same technology as that used in sports cars, which is why the racing track was the most suitable location for filming.
The film about the race ‘Volvo Trucks vs Koenigsegg’ premieres at Volvo Trucks’ YouTube Channel on November 11th 2014 at 8am (GMT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.