Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Sunday 14 September 2014

USA RECALL #15 - Porsche recalls certain 2015 Macan models for possible brake booster damage.

SUMMARY:
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain model year 2015 Macan vehicles. During manufacturing, the brake booster may have been damaged during installation.
CONSEQUENCE:
If the brake booster was damaged during installation, the vacuum in the brake booster may drop when the brakes are actuated, resulting in a reduced brake force boost, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the brake booster, as necessary, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-545-8039. Porsche's number for this recall is AE02.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.