Purpose

I will try my best to provide detailed info on various cars and what is like to live with them, I have already produced a few for Jaguar-car-forums, I will do my best to be unbiased, but it will be hard for some cars. I will re-produce press releases and copy from other motoring news.

Wednesday 2 October 2013

(US) Chrysler recall #2 - Ram trucks require cluster upgrade

Chrysler Group LLC will recall an estimated 10,800 trucks – most of which are in dealer hands – to upgrade software that controls instrument-cluster illumination.

In-plant quality-control personnel discovered instrument-cluster backlighting may function intermittently on certain vehicles. Regulatory compliance requires that information displays be clearly legible.


Vehicle performance is unaffected and Chrysler Group is unaware of any accidents, injuries or complaints.

Chrysler Group engineers investigated and discovered the digital memory in some instrument clusters may not activate as intended.

Affected are Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 pickups equipped with mid-line instrument clusters. Chrysler Group will update the cluster software at no charge to customers.

Chrysler Group will notify affected customers by mail next month.

Customers who are concerned may call 1-800-853-1403.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, I will verify them swiftly, Sorry to have to do this now as some twat keeps spamming my message system, unfortunately they are ignorant and spoil it for everyone else,

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.